Meet Mutahar Ahmed, MD, FACS
Dr. Ahmed has privileges at Hackensack University Medical Center in Hackensack, The Valley Hospital in Ridgewood, Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, The Stone Center in Newark, UMDNJ in Newark, St. Barnabas Hospital in Livingston and Holy Name Hospital in Teaneck. Dr. Ahmed serves as a Clinical Assistant in the Department of Surgery, Division of Urology at UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School.
Dr. Ahmed has received numerous awards. Among them are:
- The Pfizer Scholars in Urology Award
- The American Urological Association Praecis Pharmaceuticals Gerald P. Murphy
- Scholars for distinction in study of prostate cancer
- The Society of Laparoscopic Surgeons Resident Achievement Award
- Honored as one of New Jersey Monthly’s Top Doctors
- Honored as an Elite American Physician
Dr. Ahmed received his bachelor degree from New York University and obtained his Medical Degree at the State University of New York Upstate Medical University. He completed his general surgery and Urologic surgical training at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ).
As an author, Dr. Ahmed has published and presented numerous papers and abstracts in urologic journals. He is a Board Certified Urologist and Diplomate of the American Board of Urology. Also he is a Fellow of American College of Surgeon. He is an active member of the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, the American Endourologic Society and the American Urological Association.
- Prostate Cancer
- Robotic Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Bladder Cancer
- Genitourinary Surgery
- Urologic Cancer
- Laparoscopic Kidney and Adrenal Surgery
- Female Pelvic/Incontinence Surgery